Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reporting from Washington, DB!

Now that I'm settled into school I thought I'd write a quick post. I love GWU for several reasons that pertain solely to GWU, but I also love college as an experience so so much! Washington, DC is a remarkable city and has so much to offer this tiny girl with giant dreams. I love our Thursday tradition of walking to the monuments at midnight. I love my roommates and I love my classes. I love that we're starting to carve our own individual niches and even study spots. I love the "Obama" at Crepeaway. I even love how much alone time I have here.

And just to demonstrate how random my roommates and I are: It's 11:15 on a Wednesday night and we're watching The Prince of Egypt while shouting out random Disney quotes.

Things to look forward to: I am going to New York City on Friday morning! I turn Eighteen on October 4. I'm seeing some of my best friends in the city this weekend. I wonder what my first trip away from college will be like. Will I miss it? On Tuesday I'm seeing Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and my hero Christiane Amanpour live on my campus. Next weekend I'll be spending a second birthday weekend in DC, enjoying finally being legal with my new friends! Things to look forward to? The next four years, I think.
I guess the only thing I don't love is that there's no Mexican food here.
Oh yeah, and I miss my family. And my friends.

Please keep in touch! I love letters =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happeh birfday, Annu! Since it is now the 4th of October (on the east coast, at least). If you ever get a chance to visit the Smoky Mountains, let me know. You can come see my farm school. :D

Ammu said...

Happy Birthday Annu Didi!

(From your cousin Ambika in NJ.)